How Many Square Feet Can a 30-pint Dehumidifier Cover?
In general, a 30-pint dehumidifier can remove moisture between 500 to 1,500 square feet of room size. On a very damp room at 50-60% humidity, coverage will drop between 500-1,000 square feet. On a wet room with 70-85% humidity, coverage will drop further down to a mere 500 square feet.
Why Should You Get One?A small room with do well with a 30-pint dehumidifier. If you have a large room size like a living hall or many family members in a household, consider a 50-pint or 70-pint model. For an extremely wet room, a higher capacity dehumidifier would be a much safer bet.
2021 Best Dehumidifier 30 Pint
|Dehumidifier||Online Price (Amazon)||Capacity||Coverage||Score|
|Vremi B07JNZFRC8 30-pint Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)||4|
|Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 30-pint Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||4|
|Ivation 30 Pint IVALDH30PW Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||2000 sq. ft. (186 m2)||4|
|Danby 30 Pint Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)||3.5|
|Whynter RPD-321EW 30 Pint Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||4|
|Tosot 30 Pint Dehumidifier|
|30 pints (22 pints DOE 2019)||1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)||4|
Vremi B07JNZFRC8 might not be the smallest 30-pint dehumidifier in the market. It is still considerably compact when compared with the higher range model. With consistent "Vremi" design elements across all its line up, expect the same clean look upfront the covers all the way to the water bucket. Control wise it has the familiar digital humidity reader and multifunction controls. This includes a dedicated filter wash indicator and comfort mode button. At back, you will find a removable honeycomb filter and a dedicated gravity drainage hose.
Vremi B07JNZFRC8 30-pint dehumidifier is not cheap and does not comes with a pump. It is also rather loud even when operating in comfort mode. Still, these are a minor trade-off when you consider the value and dependability you will get from this machine.
- Clean, modern design with easy access front bucket.
- Cover 1,500 square feet of room space.
- Digital display with dedicated filter wash indicator and comfort mode.
- Dedicated gravity drainage hose access.
- Outer honeycomb filter that only needs monthly cleaning.
- Expensive for a 30-pint model without a pump.
- Audible noise even when operating in comfort mode.
Like Frigidaire dehumidifier but need something more affordable? Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 30-pint it is. It is an outstanding dehumidifier for the winter season as it can run perfectly even at low temperatures. It also inherits Frigidaire SpaceWise design that is clean yet practical. We particularly like the circle water level indicator up front that is pleasant to the eyes. At back, you have the very useful long power cord that makes extension cord redundant. Then there is the antibacterial mesh filter that is exactly is what it sounds like. A filter that will capture dust, mold, and bacteria. Finally, all the autonomous safety features are also bundled in here.
Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 dehumidifier downside is always the same. The loud noise at the highest speed and the obvious lack of continuous mode. Liveable but it could be better.
- Dependable 30-pint dehumidifying that can also operates in low-temperature operation.
- Simple yet practical SpaceWise design with handles and casters.
- Very useful antibacterial mesh filter that traps dust, germs, and even odors.
- A bonus 6 ft. three-prong power cord.
- Auto-restart, auto-defrost, auto shut down that protects the device from malfunction.
- Noise with gradually move up on higher speed.
- Continuous mode feature is omitted in the control panel.
Ivation IVALDH30PW dehumidifier is the cheapest 30 Pint listed here packed with the full set of safety features. It has low power usage and solid dehumidification that will cover up to 2000 sq. ft. of coverage (on damp room). The build quality is up there too that shouldn't have any issue on long-term use. We especially like the classic black panel controls with contrasting LED display. The slide-out filter can also be taken out quickly for cleaning and insert back in. Overall a typical dehumidifier performance that will not disappoint you.
We have little complains of Ivation 30-pint dehumidifier. The small drainage tube might be the common theme but a connector holder ring should do the trick. If you have no use of the drainage pump, Ivation IVALDH30PW will be a fine choice.
- Covers up to 2000 square feet.
- Classy black control panel with bright LED display.
- Slide-out filter that is easily removable for cleaning.
- Lower power consumption on equivalent output models.
- The small connector tube means an additional holder ring is needed to secure the hose.
Danby 30 Pint DDR030BHWDB is a predictable dehumidifier. It has a typical range of 1,500 square feet room size. A front removable bucket and a back drainage hose. It can operate at a super low temperature with a supportive de-icing. It is protected with auto-restart and auto-shutoff to prevent water spillage. Control wise, everything is here from filter check, humidistat and room temperature reader, fan speed, and a 24-hour timer. Nothing extraordinary from this beautiful dehumidifier.
Our only beef with Danby DDR030BHWDB 30 pint dehumidifier is the amount of heat it will be generated during long hours operation. The connector is also slightly small to fit in normal garden hose but that can be easily fixed with a few twist and turn.
- Covers up to 1,500 square feet of dehumidification.
- Simplistic design with seamless front bucket integration.
- Low-temperature operation with auto de-icing that works great during winter.
- Smart dehumidifying mode.
- Control panel that will display room temperature and humidity level.
- The machine will disperse a lot of heat during operation.
- Not compatible with unconventional garden hose that will resulted to leakage.
Whynter RPD-321EW 30 Pint Dehumidifier is not a "pretty" choice, but it still holds true to its core value. The consistent moisture absorption also means it will get things done and that's all that matters. It also comes with a low noise operation that is perfect for bedroom use. Another strong suit is the microbial silver-coated pre-filter that will trap germs and prevent it from spreading. If you need to reduce the room humidity level fast and stop mold growth, Whynter RPD-321EW will do just fine.
Let's put aside the dated design and limited controls. Pricing is not favorable to Whynter RPD-321EW beside being an older generation model. Then there are some reliability complaints that some users experienced with their unit. Not many but it's worth taking note.
- Dependable performance supported by every features in the book.
- Very low noise output when operating at low speed.
- Excellent 2-in-1 microbial silver-coated pre-filter.
- Bonus 20-inch drain hose bundled in (gravity pump).
- Pricing is close to a 50-pint model that offers better performance with the same package.
- Mix reviews on its durability. Most users are happy with the dehumidifier though.
Tosot GDN30AZ-A3EBA2C 30 Pint is our go-to dehumidifier if we want to remove room humidity fast. It has superb dehumidification performance that rivals even 50-pint models. Pricing is also very affordable that costs less than same category dehumidifiers in the market. Build quality is up there with the best with an easy to remove front bucket. It is also relatively silent with its airflow capacity at all speeds. Adding the dual drainage options and inclusive safety operation features, one cannot go wrong with Tosot.
Tosot GDN30AZ-A3EBA2C 30 dehumidifier is not light. In fact, it is bulky for a 30-pint model. There is also the condensation underneath the machine to contend with. Not a big deal if you are operating on a non-porous surface.
- One of the best fitting and build quality for its category.
- A magnificent moisture eater that takes in moisture up to 1,500 square feet.
- Front bucket with clear water level indicator.
- One of the quiestest dehumifier in the list.
- Dual drainage options with default safety features.
- Rather bulky for a 30-pint dehumidifier.
- On long operation, condensation can be found underneath the machine.
Should a 30-pint Dehumidifier Comes with Built-in Pump?
For a 30-pint dehumidifier, most models only come with gravity drainage rather than a built-in pump due to the cost factor. However, the gravity pump will only pump-out water if the drain floor is directly below the dehumidifier or few feet away. What we would recommend users is to purchase an external pump and fitted in through the gravity connector. That way, you can easily swap out the pump when is not needed and move to another unit when it is necessary.
The Best 30 Pint Dehumidifier to Buy Guidelines
Dehumidifier is a simple device that has very identical specifications between one over the other. So how do we tell which 30-pint dehumidifier will outperform our expectation? Below is the findings after many rounds of rigorous test in determining the best 30-pint dehumidifier.
- Build quality - A dehumidifier must be able to withstand continuous operation without fail. That is the basic requirement that there's shouldn't be any substitute for it.
- Pricing - Points will be deducted if the device cost more than $200. That is very close to a 50-pint model pricing. Brand and availability will also play a role here.
- Drainage options – Gravity drainage is a must, but a built-in pump is optional. All models here will have a conventional reservoir for manual emptying.
- Power consumption - The less electricity the dehumidifier consume, the higher ratings we will give it. Energy Star Certified unit gain extra points.
- Noise level - Despite the smaller dehumidifying capacity, most dehumidifier noise level is not subtle at all. That said, there are models that will produce less noise than others. We will measure the noise level on the lowest fan speed.
- Timer and washable filter - 2 basic features that you will find in all 30-pint dehumidifiers here. The timer works best if you do not intend to operate the machine in long hours. The washable filter will prevent mold and allergens from becoming airborne.
- Auto-restart and auto shut-off – Auto shut-off will power off the device once the water tank is full. Auto-restart will reset the dehumidifier operation if there is a power outage.
- Auto defrost and low-temperature operation – A simple feature but not all dehumidifier will execute it well. If the device can work well during the winter season without freezing up, it passed our test.